Articles of Interest
Notice: Undefined index: HTTP_REFERER in /home/usadance_adminsupport/chapters.usadance.org/pages/article.php on line 4
Dancing in The SquareDancing in The Square
USA DANCE PITTSBURGH& THE PITTSBURGH DOWNTOWN PARTNERSHIP PRESENT DANCING IN THE SQUARE FRIDAYS IN JUNE FROM 5-7 PM
USA Dance Pittsburgh and the Pittsburgh Downtown Partnership (PDP) invite you to start your weekends in June with some outdoor dancing and continue on to other attractions in the downtown.
Last fall, Jeremy Waldrup, President & CEO of the Pittsburgh Downtown Partnership, an organization that develops and implements innovative programs to enhance Downtown, came to our National Ballroom Dance Week Kick Off in Market Square. He was so impressed with the enthusiasm of our performers and the professionalism of the USA Dance members that he invited USA Dance Pittsburgh to program Market Square for a month this summer. He wants to enliven downtown venues before Pirates games, & concerts at the Three Rivers Arts Festival or the Pittsburgh Jazz Live Festival.
Every Friday in June from 5-7pm, to promote ballroom dancing, USA Dance and a partner studio will provide instruction in line dances, lead general dancing, and organize dance performance(s).
- Chris Drum, Instructor
- Brian Lee, DJ
- Dance Performances by USA Dance Pgh Youth, six graders at Dickson Elementary School, and Chris Drum's Dance Team
- Kick off of Three Rivers Arts Festival and Pittsburgh Pirates vs. Milwaukee Brewers
- Chris Roth, Steel City Ballroom, Instructor
- Mark Boucher, DJ
- Dance Performance by Yes You Can Dance
- Three Rivers Arts Festival
Two different dance instructors this Friday night from Absolute Ballroom
5-6 pm Frank Blakemore and Lauren Stoffer teaching WEST COAST SWING and doing a dance demo.
6-7 pm Ryan Mitchell and Loyal Martinez teaching SALSA
- Mark Boucher - DJ
- Kick Off of Pittsburgh Jazz Live International Festival in the Cultural District. Warm up for June 22 Concert by EL Gran Combo de Puerto Rico, oldest and best known international salsa band
- Arthur Murray Downtown Studio Instructors
- John Siefken, DJ
- AM Dance Team Performance
- Pittsburgh Pirates vs. New York Mets